Working Together to promote People Caring for People Since 1967
The Historic Lick House at 1635 Dundas Street East in Whitby, Ontario was converted into a Nursing Home in the 1950s. In 1967, it was purchased by Maxwell Leroy, Sunnycrest’s founder. Sunnycrest began as a 36-bed Nursing Home. Mr. Leroy then built an addition onto the existing facility in 1973. This expanded Sunnycrest into a 98-bed Nursing Home. A further expansion in 1983 brought Sunnycrest to its present state: a 136-bed Nursing Home which has been serving the Durham Region for over 45 years.
Founder of Sunnycrest
People caring for people since 1967