Working Together to promote People Caring for People Since 1967
You must contact the Central East Local Health Integration Network (CE LHIN) at 310-2222 (no area code needed) or toll free at 1-800-263-3877 or visit http://www.centraleastlhin.on.ca/.
Your LHIN is your single point of access to information about, and to apply for admission to, Long-Term Care Homes. You cannot apply directly to the Long-Term Care Home.
Your LHIN Case Manager can:
• Provide information about Long-Term Care Homes
• Provide information about financial options, if required
• Carry out an assessment at your home or in hospital and determine your eligibility
• Help you with the application forms and coordinate the application process to facilitate access to Long-Term Care
• Provide information on alternatives to Long-Term Care Homes, such as supportive/assistive housing, retirement homes and senior’s apartments
• Empower you or your decision-makers with the information you need to make an informed decision on a Long-Term Care Home that suits your needs and interests
• Place you, if necessary, on the waiting lists of the Long-Term Care Homes you select
• Offer you a bed in a chosen Long-Term Care Home when one becomes available
To qualify to move into a Long-Term Care Home, you must:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a valid Ontario Health Card
• Have health care needs that cannot be met with any combination of care giving, Care in Your Home or Care in Your Community
• Have health care needs that can be met in a Long-Term Care Home
To appeal a decision that states you are not eligible, ask your LHIN Case Manager for the appropriate contact names and phone numbers.
To book a tour, please contact our Administrative Assistant at (905) 576-0111 ext 258 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People caring for people since 1967